Family. Estates. Probate. LGBT Issues.
Whether it is a marriage, adoption, or even a divorce our commitment to relationship sets us apart from all others. We are not just the firm you hire or merely keep … We are the firm you tell your friends about. When dealing with family issues it is important for you to have a partner throughout the process that has only your interests in mind.
Some of the hardest decisions we make in our lives will be around the topic of what happens when we are no longer here. Other times it is related to what happens when I am no longer able to take care of myself or my affairs. We are just like you and think about these things all the time. As a result we are committed to helping all persons with effective estate planning to address these issues. We offer assistance with:
- Guardianship, if you or a loved one finds they are unable to care for themselves
- Will and Last Testament, to provide peace of mind knowing that your wishes will be carried out
- Living Wills, to direct end of life care
- Mental Health Directives, in the event that someone finds themselves in a a difficult life position
- Powers-of-Attorney, we offer both medical and financial powers of attorney
- Do-Not-Resuscitate Orders, working with your physicians we can help ensure your end of days is with dignity
Steven Riddiough, PLLC helps our client’s establish the validity of a will, declare heirs in the absence of a will, and in administration of persons estate after their departure. We also help clients ensure that their rights and entitlements in a matter before a probate court are not harmed. This includes monitoring and enforcing the requirements of the personal representative does what is in the best interest of the heirs and not them.
Members of the LGBT community have found themselves in a very changing environment. LGBT people still have very special needs despite landmark U.S. Supreme Court decisions such as Obergefell and Windsor; cases that have given same-sex couples the right to marry in every state and equal treatment of their union in the eyes of the Federal government. LGBT people are still not protected in many places, transgender people are frequently center stage controversy when choosing a bathroom, and still subject to be viewed as a different when trying to adopt or raise their own children. We are not just sensitive to these needs. as a Certified LGBT business by the NGLCC, we are with you and understand.